Friday, June 19, 2020

Drowned in a pig’s cage for a wife’s extramarital sex offense

If it had occurred over a hundred years ago in China, Moon Lee could have been drowned in a pig’s cage as punishment for her mindless affair.  A graphic artist employee of mine made this image up for me as a joking gift years ago --- depicting Moon in a cage surrounded by water with the words “Drowning Phoenix in Cage” (Moon’s Chinese name includes the word for phoenix).  Everyone had a good laugh at Moon Lee’s expense.

Of course, Moon Lee was much luckier, having been born in 1965.  Instead of a fate involving a tortuous drowning, American society in the twenty-first century deals with divorce in a “No Fault” fashion.  As such, it does not matter how egregious the sexual misconduct was that lead to the divorce.  The terms of the divorce have no relationship to fault.  That is why it was comically stupid that some in the Chinese media actually believed Moon’s lies that I made up the story of her incestuous secret love affair with an unworthy kid barely old enough not to be a minor.  Of course, no self-deprecating lie was necessary.  My assets were well protected by carefully constructed Trusts so that they could not be accessed in any kind of a divorce.  That alone was the reason why Moon Lee got very little during that protracted divorce.  The reasons she still tried (albeit unsuccessful) made her even a bigger villain than her original sin.  That is the backbone to my truthful account of the real story of the divorce.  I had absolutely no reason to insult myself with a lie to get rid of this villainous woman.

Moon Lee undeserved celebrity status also gave her advantages --- she had a “megaphone” with reporters to tell lies, lies that would never have passed scrutiny if she were just a normal woman.  That was why years after the fact, she was given that one-sided interview by Phoenix TV --- an interview that Phoenix TV admitted in writing to the Court that they were not intentionally defaming me because they never had any intent to portray the truth.  Phoenix TV just wanted sensational gossip for viewership.  So that was a “relief”!

So in the Old World, a straying wife could be drowned in China.  In modern China, however, a deviant sexually promiscuous wife can be even glorified by the media and given opportunities to lie more about her victimized ex-husband.  

I wonder whether we are living in more enlightened times! 

Dennis Law MD 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dennis, I hope you're doing well and staying safe.

    My name is Peter, I remember growing up watching 4 movies shes starred in the 90s, The protector (1984) Mr. Vampire (1985) and The big Deal (1993),inspector wears skirts 4 (1992), I had no idea she was the same person in all those movies until recently. I remembered watching The Big Deal and I immediately developed a crush on her haha Only recently did I decided to read more about her career when I came across this blog and learned more about the scandal that happened a years ago (which i had no idea about until I came on this blog and read the first few pages of your book). I was then traumatized for a few days, unable to wrapped my head around the fact that one of my childhood crushes became a pedo.

    I just have one question, you mentioned in your book that she had a tough upbringing, do you think there was a traumatic event that happened in her life that made her the way she is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter:
    I don’t know you would get this reply. I did not mean she had a sexually traumatic experience as a child. She had a tragically impoverished childhood and with so many siblings, she was bounced between Hong Kong and to Taiwan with her divorced father and finally back to HK to stay with a foster family.
    When I first met her, she was definitely worth a crush from anyone. This affair with a teenager came from nowhere and impossible to understand. Even more puzzling was the unworthiness of this kid - shocked everyone.

    It was a real shame for her. She worked so hard to get somewhere and it all collapsed. For me, my new path forward turned out so well that I do not hold any harsh feelings over her history-making misconduct. My wife and I are so grateful for what we have and actually feel sorry for her. I guess humans can at times be driven by demons they cannot control.

    Hope you get this.

    Dennis Law MD

    ReplyDelete