Monday, September 21, 2015

Moon Lee’s “Terracotta Warrior” Tragedy


Moon Lee’s “Terracotta Warriors” tragedy

My production company and I have just launched a world-shattering new 3D production of Terracotta Warriors and have just completed the first American four weeks’ tour in Denver, Colorado.  Although this history-making theatrical event marks a personal milestone for me, in a peculiar way it also reminds me of another monumental event of my personal life: it was during the 2004 rehearsals of the world-premiering Terracotta Warriors that trapped by then celebrity wife, Moon Lee, into a life-changing affair with a teenage dancer employed by my performance troupe.  And it was my liberation from that unenviable marriage that freed and motivated me to create the new unprecedented theatrical phenomenon that is Terracotta Warriors 3D.  Interested parties should check out www.tcw3d.com. 

As director and producer, I was gratified by Denver’s overwhelmingly favorable reaction to this production.  Having been tested and improved in nearly a hundred performances in Beijing and Hong Kong, the show Terracotta Warriors 3D that played thirty-two performances in Denver was truly triumphant.  This international exposure has already set us up to use this new 3D theatrical art direction to help advance the cause of Chinese performing arts both in China and internationally in the future.

From my perspective, poor Moon Lee and her pitiful antics that dragged me into an unavoidable “mud fight” are now distant memories only worthy of comic relief.  Strangely enough, some members of our audience still purchased my book, Two Faces of the Moon.  When I married Moon Lee, she was an endearing and respectable retired Hong Kong action actress and a good mother that was enthusiastic about Chinese dance.  Now, the world will always remember Moon for her indecency.  She has no one to blame but herself.  Yet, her loss has clearly become my gain.  My wife and daughter and I are thrilled with our daily lives.

The memorable success of the new Terracotta Warriors closes a loop in my personal life. 

Dennis K, Law MD      



No comments:

Post a Comment